Easter Fun Recipes
Easter Fun Recipes
And here it is back with all its fun and lovely spirit. Easter is a festival and holiday celebrating the resurrection of jesus from the dead. People all over the world celebrate Easter in mostly similar ways. The Easter Bunny is a popular legendary that is related to Easter since very long time and we can’t forget the colored egg when it comes to easter, here are some fun recipes to celebrate Easter this year, Happy Easter everyone.
These favors will keep your little guests hoppin’!
To make them, simply wrap rubber bands around a papier-mâché egg (available at craft stores) in a crisscross pattern. Keep adding bands until all the gaps are covered. Wrap contrasting bands around the middle for stripes!
• 1 cup butter
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• Pinch salt
• 4 striped fruit strips
• 1 cup chocolate frosting
• 24 jelly beans
- In a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix to incorporate. In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add it to the butter mixture and blend until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a ball and flatten it into an 8-inch circle between two sheets of parchment. Chill about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the bows. For each one, snip a 1 1/2-inch piece of striped fruit-strip candy. Snip another narrow piece, then wrap it around the center of the larger one.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet, and use a bunny-shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough; space them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. (Fold over one ear if you like!) Gather and reroll the dough. If it becomes too soft, place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies until they are firm and slightly crisp, about 12 minutes. Let cool. Place the frosting in a zip-top bag and snip off a corner. To decorate each cookie, pipe on two chocolate eyes, then use more frosting to attach a jelly-bean nose and a fruit-strip bow as shown.